Date:      Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:57:50 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        Steve Price <steve@freebsd.org>
Cc:        clayton rollins <crollins666@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: [DRAFT] ports contributor's guide

IMHO there are two better solutions, that highlight the unmaintained
ports that have build problems (and, in the second case, PRs as well).

The first is any of the bento links such as
http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-full/index-maintainer.html,
where you can substitute <yourfavoritearch>-<yourfavoritemajorrelease>-
<full|current> for 'i386-5-full'.

The second is to link to one of my reports with the following precooked
link:
http://lonesome.dyndns.org:4802/bento/errrorlogs/portsconcordanceformaintainer.py?maintainer=ports%40freebsd.org.
Bit of a tongue-twister, and a little bit long to display since it's 2K
lines,
but it _does_ have all the information you want.

I can generate that report as a static report if there is demand for it
(i.e. you don't have to wait for the SQL to run), or indeed, if there
is sufficient demand for it, a subset of it (by category perhaps?
by 'only ones with errors'?  I'm open to suggestions.  It's all driven
off the same database so new reports are not hard to generate).

Again, my hope is to get this code running on one of the FreeBSD.org
machines to make it more visible for things like this (and to free up
the bandwidth here at the house :-) )

mcl