Date:      Fri, 01 Aug 2003 16:41:03 +0200
From:      Holger Kipp <holger.kipp@alogis.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with dc-nics 10,11

Hi,

I have a little problem with dc10, dc11. I use three quad dc cards,
so far from dc0 up to dc8 with no problems.

All (dc0 to dc11) are displayed correctly with pciconf and with ifconfig.
The trouble is with dc10 and dc11 that they don't send any data out and
also don't react to arp requests etc. - at least using tcpdump won't show
anything coming in or going out.
Monitoring from an external system, this is the same. According to the
blinkinglights on the switch in between (also tried a hub), pings from
the other machine (or arp-requests if I don't use a permanent entry) etc
are send to the correct cable.

As everything works from dc0 up to dc9, I'd suspect some sort of internal
name mismatching (like counting devices hexadecimal (dca) versus decimal
(dc10)).

This is on an older system (4.6-STABLE). If someone had a similar problem
and it is now fixed in 4.8-STABLE, please let me know. Couldn't find a PR
for this...

Regards,
Holger Kipp

--
Holger Kipp, Dipl.-Math., Systemadministrator  | alogis AG
Fon: +49 (0)30 / 43 65 8 - 114                 | Berliner Strasse 26