Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 09:58:44 -0700
From:      Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Igor Podlesny <poige@morning.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: auto relaying for subdomains -- why?

poige> I  noticed  that  some  mailers (sendmail, postfix) in case they a=
llow
poige> relaying    for    somedomain.zone    also    allow    relaying   =
 for
poige> subdomain-of.somedomain.zone.

poige> I can accept this as reasonable behavior but would like to know ho=
w to
poige> deny it! :) Also I wish to know what was the actual idea behind th=
is?

=46rom /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README:

+----------+
| FEATURES |
+----------+
=2E..
Available features are:
=2E..
relay_hosts_only
		By default, names that are listed as RELAY in the access
		db and class {R} are domain names, not host names.
		For example, if you specify ``foo.com'', then mail to or
		from foo.com, abc.foo.com, or a.very.deep.domain.foo.com
		will all be accepted for relaying.  This feature changes
		the behaviour to lookup individual host names only.