Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:22:49 -0500
From:      Branson Matheson <Branson.Matheson@FergInc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lnc PCI version.

 Hmm.. weird.. I have an lnc that I moved from an old HP kayak to a new
 one. It shows up in the boot probe:

 lnc0: <PCNet/PCI Ethernet adapter> port 0x9f80-0x9f9f mem
 0xfc4ff800-0xfc4ff81f irq 17 at device 5.0 on pci2
 lnc0: driver is using old-style compatability shims

 but not in ifconfig. I did some hacking last night and noticed that
 it does not seem to get a mac from:

 /sys/i386/isa/if_lnc.c:1286
 /* Extract MAC address from PROM */
	for (i = 0; i < ETHER_ADDR_LEN; i++)
		sc->arpcom.ac_enaddr[i] = inb(iobase + i);

 Any one working on this?

  - branson