Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 1997 02:21:52 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        jbryant@unix.tfs.net
Cc:        Jacques Vidrine <nectar@NECTAR.COM>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: emacs core dumping on -current?

Jim Bryant scribbled this message on Dec 3:
> In reply:
> > Hi, emacs-19.34 has started dumping core on me since I cvsup'd and make'd
> > on 12/2.
> >
> > Recompiling emacs didn't help.
> >
> > The backtrace looks like the below.  Has anyone else seen this?
>
> yeah, really ticking me off too...  pico is no substitute for a real editor.

just use nvi... now THAT'S a real editor...  (no more on thread, it's
just another flame fest, but this is a VERY good reason to learn vi :) )

> another thing...  the cvsup tag RELENG_2_2_5 seems to retreive -current.  i
> was running 2.2-STABLE, and wanted to finally upgrade to 2.2.5, guess what...

because RELENG_2_2_5 doesn't exist... try RELENG_2_2, that should do
the trick for you...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD