Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:46:31 -0700
From:      "Shawn Dillon" <shawn@crsretailpro.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.0 Multiple NICs , IPFW and IPNAT

I need some help.

I have a freebsd 5.0 box running IPNAT and IPF as a firewall. I =
currently have five static IPS with my ISP. With my ISP I must register =
the MAC address of the adapter to obtain an IP. Thus I have a FreeBSD =
box with six nics in it ( all 3c905C).

The basic config is as follows:

*****************************
*			*
*	Internet		*
******************************

	3Com DSL Bridge

	3Com 10MB Office Connect Hub
	|	|	|	|	|
	|	|	|	|	|
	|	|	|	|	|
	|	|	|	|	|
	|	|	|	|	|
	xl1	xl2	xl3	xl4	xl5
*						*
*	FreeBSD 5.0 IPNAT/IPFW		*

		xl0

		3Com 3300 XM Switch

I can get one external NIC up and running. But when I get a second one =
up and running I get a kernel message stating
that the second NIC (xl2) is trying to use the same IP as XL1. They are =
set to different IP's in the rc.conf. I assume that this is because they =
can see each other on the hub that splits the 3Com bridge out.=20

Is there any arguments or settings that I could use to resolve this? An =
ipconfig setting? Or even a kernel option. I would recompile the kernel =
in a second if it would help.

You can assume that xl1 has an ip of 142.179.196.134 and xl2 has an ip =
of 142.179.196.135 both with a subnet of 255.255.248.0.

Thanks in advance

Shawn Dillon
=09