Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:50:24 -0500
From:      Jay Hall <JHALL@SOCKET.NET>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Controllers/Drives renumbered

Earlier today, I installed a new HP SCSI (HP SmartArray
642)controller  and an HP Drive Array in my company's HP ML 350 G5.
The system drive which had been da0 became da1 and the new controller
became da0.

Unfortunately, I cannot rearrange the controllers in the system since
one is PCI-X and one is PCI Express.  Is it possible to force FreeBSD
6.2 to detect the cards in a particular order so my drives are not
renumbered.

Thanks,

Jay