Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 02:10:12 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.org>
To:        daveh@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Firewall in kernel?

>> Looks like you compiled the firewall into your kernel without
>> enabling the loading of the script in /etc/rc.conf. If you are
>> going to compile firewall stuff into your kernel, I *highly*
>> recommend using the default to accept rule option at least till you
>> get to know things better.
> and to imagine, that Sun Microsystems only just today
> annoucned plans to put firewall support in their workstations.

I haven't used Solaris in a few years, and when I did I was first
discovering the joys and agonies of Unix administration, but
considering the (at least former if not current) popularity of Suns
for Internet work, I am suprised.  Has there been a third-party
tool to tackle firewalling that has been used instead?

--
Joel Ray Holveck - joelh@gnu.org - http://www.wp.com/piquan
   Fourth law of programming: