Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:52:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        gmh003532@brfmasthugget.se
Cc:        larse@ISI.EDU, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, MP3 Encoder List <mp3encoder@tuhs.org>
Subject:   Re: BCP: CD ripping

On 28 Jan, Martin Faxér wrote:

> I personally don't think that you will have a problem with the output
> quality of GOGO, but if you do, I guess you can check out LAME (although
> GOGO is supposed to be based on it).

GOGO is based upon an older version of LAME, I don't know if they ported
recent quality improvements of LAME (maybe someone on the mp3encode
mailinglist is able to tell more, please don't forget to readd
multimedia@freebsd.org to the CC).
You may perhaps want to look at the history/ChangeLog of both projects
and decide yourself (the newest release (3.91, available in
${PORTSDIR}/audio/lame) of LAME has a lot of quality improvements
compared to the previous stable release (3.7x), it's easy to hear them
even for untrained ears).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.