Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 11:26:55 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Using seperate CVS trees for translations (Re: request input from Japanese translators,)

Hi,
On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 04:44:31PM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
>  However, although Japanese team is not using our own CVS tree
>  for the work now, some other teams using their own CVS tree
>  may need additional time to synchronize each other.

we are using our own CVS tree to organize the German translation
and I do not think that this will slow us down.  Basically, everybody
commits his changes to the local repo, one guy checks it out on his
own systems, does a test build, and commits everything to freefall.

There is an extra step in there, but the fact that the translators
do not have to worry about testing the complete build process saves
them a lot of time, which shortens the overall process.

/s/Udo
--
Windows is not the answer, Windows is the question. No is the answer.