Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:14:26 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unclean sync in current

I've been seeing this for a couple of weeks since I updated my laptop to
CURRENT. I do a normal shutdown (-p or -r) and reboot. The shutdown
looked normal, with no problems reported with the sync, but, when the
system is rebooted, the partitions are all shown as possibly
unclean. From my dmesg:
Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s3a
WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
WARNING: / was not properly dismounted
WARNING: /tmp was not properly dismounted
WARNING: /usr was not properly dismounted
WARNING: /var was not properly dismounted

All disks are mounted with soft-updates enabled.

I don't see any other reports of this. Is this unique to my system?

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)