Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 16:15:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      jlrobins@zappa.cs.uncc.edu (James Robinson)
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   probable FAQ

Hi all,

	new to the multimedia list. Is there a page out there that
documents how to have a SCSI cd-rom read audio data (red-book?) and
pass it over the bus? Howabout a list of cd-rom's that support this
feature? I've a toshiba scsi-II drive that came with a Sparc Ultra --
and have tried cat'ing from all of the /dev/*cd* devices to no
avail (or kernel printf's).

	ObContrib: I've written a TCL extension to control the mixer
device and a sample Tk Script that implements an interface ala xmix.
Anyone interested? Get yer Freeware!

--
James Robinson                             Phone: (704) 547-4876
Department of Computer Science             FAX:   (704) 547-3516