Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 00:54:19 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
Cc:        freebsd@osterskov.dk, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with Compaq SMART-2SL array controller

> For now, you could remove the IDE devices from the config file,
> until this gets fixed.  Ideally, the boot blocks/loader should be
> taught to boot from something other than wd() or da().

The loader groks this already; there's some missing glue in the kernel
that Poul has already worked out.  I'm not sure if he's going to write
it or whether it'll need some other enterprising soul at this point.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org