Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:21:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   udp and ifconfig alias

If I have multiple addresses on the same interface created with ifconfig
alias, and a process is listening on udp *.7654, when a packet is returned
after a call to recvfrom(), is it possible to tell which address it was
sent to?  I have tried calling getsockname(), but my test code doesn't
seem to be working.  And the more I think about it, getsockname() doesn't
make sense for a connectionless protocol like UDP.

Charles Mott