Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 11:07:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp-master method

<<On Thu, 3 May 2001 09:25:53 -0400 (EDT), Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU> said:

> Idle and probably dumb question...  Why keep them in the FTP archive
> at all?

I think it's for history and convenience, mostly.  Not everybody has
cvsup available, and sometimes people who aren't part of the FreeBSD
community may wish to look at our source code.

On ftp5 I don't keep the CVS tree -- public access to that is better
provided through CVSweb -- but I do have the branch sources which can
be more convenient (if you're trying to grab all the files in a
particular directory) than going through CVSweb.

-GAWollman