Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 20:36:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mobile newbie question

Hi there,

My employer today provided me with a Digital Hinote VP520 notebook, along
with a DEPCM ethernet card and an Adaptec 1460. The latter works OK, I used
it to install FreeBSD225/PAO on it.

But for one reason or other I cannot get the DEPCM to work. And I'm probably
missing the obvious:

pccardd tells me that it correctly identified the DEPCM, assigns IRQ10 to it
and then proceeds with telling: "driver allocation failed for DIGITAL
(Device not configured)". I'm running a kernel based on PAO_ALL which is
part of the PAO 2.2.5R patchkit. And it has ed0 in the kernel. Of course the
kernel during boot tells me 'ed0 not found' but pccardd should hook it in
(yes?).

Please tell me what I'm overlooking...

Wilko