Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:56:05 +0900
From:      Jiye Zeng <zeng@nies.go.jp>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Apache problem

Dear Sir,

First of all, I apologize for bothering you. The number of emails you have to deal with is
beyond my imagination. I apologize for adding another.

I installed FreeBSD 5.2.1 without X. Since I intend to use the system as an internal server
for our research group, I installed no package except for mod_php4-4.3.5_7,1 and
mc-4.6.0_7. Apache-1.3.29_3 and a few other packages are installed as well as dependent
packages of those two. The security level was set to 2 during installation. The problem is
apache won't start by boot and can't be restarted by apachectl.

I tried to find the solution from the manual and from searching the web, but no luck. I
tried by changing configuration of rc.conf (e.g., enable/disable security and inetd) and
checking httpd.conf, still no luck. I dont't know where is problem. Would please give me
advice. Many thanks.

Regards.

Jiye Zeng

Data Management Group
Center For Global Environmental Research
National Institute For Environmental Studies
16-2, Onongawa, Tsukuba, Ibaraki
305-8506 Japan

Phone: 81-29-850-2968
Internal: 3624