Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 1995 12:55:57 +0800 (WST)
From:      Terry Dwyer <tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au>
To:        Binh Do <binhdo@cs.ubc.ca>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: print-filter for Buble Jet 20

Do yourself a favour and get apsfilter.  I have a bj200ex and am using
apsfilter and all the other tools, ghostscript, a2ps (and a few others
that it works with),

My printer now behaves just like the lj4si I use at work, just a little
slower. ;-)

If you want to be able to send just about anything you want to your
bubblejet without having to worry about what filter to pipe it through,
then this is the way to go.

Hope this helps.

On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Binh Do wrote:

> Hi. I am setting up a printer-filter for my BJ 20 and got the
> staircase trouble. I do not have the manual with me, so could
> somebody kindly send me his/her filter? I really appreciate.

I dont know if apsfilter is part of the ports/packages collection, but
it should be.

The version I have is aps-491.tgz

>From the ANNOUNCE file:

These are the sites, where apsfilter versions can be found

(1) This ftp server will also contain beta releases if we are
    currently on the way to a new release

        ftp server:     ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
        directory :     pub/Linux/local/packages/APS/aps-49.tgz

        ftp server:     sunsite.unc.edu
        directory :     pub/Linux/Incoming/aps-49.tgz

Besure you get the latest version.

> BTW as I specified \&\& as in the handbook, I got errors and so
> I tried to remove \, i.e. only && then it is OK(except the above
> trouble).\ I think that is the Latex typo error, am I right?
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Binh Do.

   _-_|\    Terry Dwyer 	  E-Mail: tdwyer@netbsd08.dn.itg.telecom.com.au
  /     \   System Administrator  Phone: +61 9 491 5161     Fax: +61 9 221 2631
  *_.^\_/   Telecom Australia     Telstra Corporation       MIME capable mailer
       v    Perth  WA                 ( I do not speak for Telstra or Telecom )