Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:52:35 -0500
From:      "Kevin Bennett (LMC)" <lmckebe@lmc.ericsson.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Cannot see disks

Hi,

this is my first time installing FreeBSD. I have a copy of FreeBSD 3.3
and I am trying to install it on a Dell PowerEdge PC using an Adaptec
AIC-7899  disk controller. I am not able to see my disk ( I have one
9.0Gb disk on this test system). I read the documentation and it states
that version 3.3 supports the AIC-789x chipset.  What is the best way to
ensure the disk controller is seen from the FreeBSD probe.

I appreciate any help you can provide and if I have emailed the wrong
group in error please forward top the appropiate party.

Thanks,
Kevin Bennett
lmckebe@lmc.ericsson.se