Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2013 04:49:59 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Matthew Fleming <mdf@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Are computers always this hard?

Am 24.11.2013 23:35 schrieb "Matthew Fleming" <mdf@freebsd.org>:

> I'm just trying to get FreeBSD in a VM running again on my Mac.  I had had
> VMware installed, but it stopped working when I updated my OS and I didn't
> want to re-pay, so I got VirtualBox today.  I've got an installed
10-beta3,
> but I can't get source code on it.
>
> I tried to use folder sharing, since I have FreeBSD sources on my mac;
that
> got me an error about the VirtualBox Guest additions not being installed.

Shared folders support for vbox was a GSoC project this year but it is not
production ready yet. There is a halfway finished kernel module that needs
to get his vfs stuff fixed.

I would use scp 10.0.0.2 to copy the portstree from host to guest. If you
use nat networking 10.0.0.2 is always the host.

> I tried to use NFS mounting but I got too annoyed trying to get my Mac set
> up as an NFS server.
>
> I tried to use svnlite to fetch from svn+ssh://mdf@, but it doesn't like
my
> pass phrase for my ssh key.  I can ssh from the new FreeBSD install to
> freefall, so this seems to be an svnlite issue.
>
> I tried to use pkg to install subversion.  This gives me errors:

As someone mentioned pkg install devel/subversion is what you look for.