Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:11:59 +0000
From:      Chris Hodgins <chodgins@cis.strath.ac.uk>
To:        kalin mintchev <kalin@el.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: open office freeze

kalin mintchev wrote:
>>>what now?
>>>

>>I've seen this problem too when I'm using the nvidia driver with the
>>RenderAccel option.  Once I turned it off openoffice no longer froze
>>the machine.  I think it's an nvidia driver problem that "hopefully"
>>will be fixed in the next release.  Whenever that will be.
>>

> but mine is ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 chipset using the ati driver...  no
> nvidia...
>
> anybody else?
>
> thanks...

Yeah, I have noticed OOo freeze a few times lately myself. It should
also be noted that I tried to kill -9 it with no effect.  Looks a bit
locked up waiting for something.

pciconf tells me I have this graphics device:

agp0@pci0:2:0:  class=0x030000 card=0x2030161f chip=0x35828086 rev=0x01
hdr=0x00    vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
     device   = '82852GM/GME/GMV/PM, 855GM/GME Montara Integrated
Graphics Device'
     class    = display
     subclass = VGA

If I see this happening again I will run ktrace on it and see what I get.

Slightly unrelated but another bug I just noticed today.  Outline
numbering does not save properly unless you save as a windows doc file.
  The bug is documented and should have been fixed for 1.1.4.  Maybe it
will get updated on the next update.

Chris