Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:00:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@aciri.org>
To:        solan@ffnet.com (Michael Solan)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dummynet as modules

> How do I compile a a kernel without ipfw, and a ipfw.ko module with
> dummynet support?

not sure how well is this supported -- i guess you should look
at the makefile for the ipfw module to make sure it includes
dummynet. But:

> I have to add some features to the dummynet code, so instead of
> rebooting every 5 mins I figured kldloading it would save me some time.

yes it can be convenient, but if you are testing, chances are
that you will be making mistakes which can result in crashes
or leaks etc, so a separate test box (or a vmware system)
will be convenient anyways...

	cheers
	luigi