Date:      Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:44:28 +0200
From:      Ede Wolf <listac@nebelschwaden.de>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Soundcard recommendation ?

Hello,

I wonder, wether anyone has a soundcard rercommendation. That is, I am looking for a soundcard where the spdif In-/Output is working under FreeBSD 4 (stable). Preferrably one with no hardware resampling.
And of course I would not mind for some documentation, since, somehow you need to tell the card to use the digital out as default instead of the analog, which likely will be the default, I guess ("digital only" will do).
My current one is not supported (and likely will never be) by FreeBSD nor by the commercial OSS, so I guess I need a new one.
Any help would be appreciated.

Ede