Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:13:01 -0500
From:      "Gregory D. Moncreaff" <moncrg@bt340707.res.ray.com>
To:        hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   help with setting up private cvsup mirror

I'm trying to set up a mirror.
I have one machine "A" that cvsup'd cvs-all and ports-all from
cvsup.freebsd.org.

I want another machine "B" to be able to do the same but pointing at "A"
instead of cvsup.freebsd.org

I checked out distrib/cvsup and placed it in /usr/local/etc/cvsup but
when
I try to do the private cvsup (using
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/cvs-supfile
with only a host change) on "A" cvsupd reports:

collection "src-all" release "cvs" is not available here
collection "ports-all" release "cvs" is not available here

and cvsup on "B" reports the same thing

"A" cvsupd = 15.4.2
"B" cvsup = 15.4

I'm guessing that there is something missing,
and from reading the cvsupd manpage I think
it must be the prefix dir.

The .../cvsup/sup/README file suggests there might be links,
but to what and with what names I can't tell.

Is there a "cvsup mirror in N easy steps" page I haven't found yet?

I searched the mailing lists, and this was raised back in Feb, but
not apparently resolved.  JDPs page also doesn't discuss the server
side,
cvsupd....
--
Greg Moncreaff, Senior Software Engineer, CNS/ATN
Raytheon Systems Company, Mailstop 2.2.2507                     Raytheon