Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 2016 13:41:45 -0800
From:      "Roger Marquis" <marquis@roble.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: exec_poststart

James Gritton wrote:
> You can reference jail parameters within other parameters, much like
> you'd use shell variables.  In the global part of the definition, you
> can set:
> exec.poststart = "/path/to/script.sh ${host.hostname}"

This is perhaps a tangent but I'm wondering if this syntax could be clarified
so 'exec' isn't used to mean 'jexec'?  Would also simplify things if subsequent
j/exec's didn't require the use of '+=' instead of '='.  Ideally both should be
deprecated in favor of a sysrc-compatible ':'.

Would also be nice if non-0 exit codes didn't abort the entire sequence (without
hacking in a subshell;exit 0) and if the man page mentioned some of this.
Regarding the man page, there's a URL under AUTHORS that doesn't lead where you
might expect...  Makes a good case for a policy forbidding non-freebsd.org URLs
in man pages.

Just MO,
Roger Marquis