Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 1996 09:10:50 -0500
From:      Jerry Kendall <jerry@border.com>
To:        pattersonj@vncgate1.vnc.aetc.af.mil
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Controller suupport

I have the 1520 controller at home and it works great....

However, I added it to an existing system and my system
boots of an IDE 'C' drive.....

FWIW.

On Wed, 6 Mar 1996 pattersonj@vncgate1.vnc.aetc.af.mil wrote:

> I purchased a copy of the Free BSD 2.0 from Walnut Creek.
>
> I'm having a little trouble installing it.  Does this release support the
> Adaptec 1520h series of SCSI controllers.  I have an old Unisys PW2
> box that has this controller built-in on the motherboard.
>
> When trying to intall, it can't get past the boot disk.  The system panics
> and begins
> writing the number 27 across the screen.  I think it's the controller.
>
> HELP
>
> Jim Patterson

Any comments or opinions in this message are my own and may or may not reflect
the comments or opinions of my present or previous employers.

                    Jerry Kendall      Border Network Technologies Inc.
         System Software Engineer      Tel +1-416-368-7157 ext 303
                 jerry@border.com      Fax +1-416-368-7178