Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:30:42 +0200
From:      Cezary Morga <cm@therek.net>
To:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
Cc:        perl@freebsd.org, QAT@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Custom LOCALBASE/PREFIX] net-mgmt/p5-SNMP - fails: makefile

Philip M. Gollucci pisze:
> Cezary Morga wrote:
>> QAT@freebsd.org pisze:
>>> The Restless Daemon identified a makefile error while trying to build:
>>>  p5-SNMP-4.2.7.1 maintained by perl@FreeBSD.org
>>>  Makefile ident: $FreeBSD: ports/net-mgmt/p5-SNMP/Makefile,v 1.27
>>> 2008/09/26 14:43:11 clsung Exp $
>>>
>>> THIS A BUILD WITH _CUSTOM_ PREFIX AND LOCALBASE, _standard_ env in rest.
>>> Patches for testing and committing welcomed as a reply to this email.
>>
>> Patch in attachment.
>
> I'm not sure how you built this at on QAT or yourself.
>
> it depends on net-mgmt/net-smnp4 which is expired
> and broken.
>
> It does not work with bnsmp or net-mgmt/net-snmp

I built this on 7-STABLE and as far as I know QAT runs on 7-STABLE as
well, while the port is marked BROKEN on 8-CURRENT only, thus I haven't
noticed it.

.if ${OSVERSION} >= 800059
BROKEN=		does not build
.endif

Nonetheless, I've given it a closer look and it turns out--to my own
surprise, I must say--that net-mgmt/p5-SNMP actually comes bundled with
net-mgmt/net-snmp and should be updates along with it, but it wasn't.

I'll prepare an update and fill a PR afterwards. Given that both come
from the same source I expect it to build against net-snmp without a hitch.

--
Cezary Morga