Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:29:53 -0400
From:      Gabriel Rocha <grocha@geeksimplex.org>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.3 local root

couple of points:
	1-It does not work for me;

		FreeBSD lorax.neutraldomain.org 4.3-RELEASE FreeBSD
		4.3-RELEASE #0: Sat Jun 23 01:52:58 PDT 2001
		root@lorax.neutraldomain.org:/usr/src/sys/compile/lorax
		i386

	2-At first I tried it with /tmp mounted no-exec (thats what i
	have in fstab) I thought that was why the exploit didnt work,
	remounted /tmp without the no-exec flag and tried again. It
	still does not work, it hangs for hours on end, this last
	iteration has been running for a couple days now and nothing has
	come of it.

Ideas on why it doesnt work? --gabe

--

"It's not brave if you're not scared."