Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 06:41:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      opentrax@email.com
To:        a9404849@unet.univie.ac.at
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any artists interested in doing a FreeBSD animated GIF   banner ?

On 13 Nov, Lukas Ertl wrote:

>> >I like this one a lot. But, my 0.02 cents:
>> >one needs more time to read the text, so slow down the animation a little
>> >bit, "The Power to serve" is hard to read, at least on my screen, and I
>> >would change the font of the "Click here to get..." flashing
>> >text, ... maybe "FreeBSD is FREE" doesn't need three exclamation marks :-)
>> >
>> >But, apart from that, I really like it.
>>
>> Thanks for your thoughts.
>>
>> I've put up a modified version for any further chump change you might
>> have...  :)
>>
>>          [[ http://www.briz.net/mike/bnr-bsd-4.gif ]]
>
> Much better :-)

Sorry, it looks like a pornographic blip board.
Three exclamations points, and reduce the total
time to the ad to 10 seconds (including download
@ 56Kbps) Right now it takes 30 sec.

Say what you want, keep it short and sweet.

After all, we are not selling toliet paper or
roll-on anti-perspirant. It's an OS.

BTW, if you insist on such a long ad, maybe humor
would work....

I.E.  -- Works Great, Less Filling.
       - Old and reliable, not new and improved.
       - It Free, because people want to pay
         for things that suck.
       - If we made it any easier, we charge
         for it.