Date:               Sat, 29 Jul 1995 01:28:12 +0000
From:      "Michael C. Ferguson" <Ferguson@metronet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         Trouble during install

I'm having some trouble getting FreeBSD release 2.0.5 installed off of my
DOS partition onto another partition (On the same drive) that I created
using FIPS. It has trouble getting information from the root disk image
(It's located in \FreeBSD\FLOPPIES\, BTW). I've tried mounting my DOS partition
on \dos (In the LABEL section of the install), and it looked like that got
me a bit further in the install, though it still didn't get past that (And
it returned the same error msg. on the setup screen). The errors that I'm
getting are:

mountmsdos(): root directory is not a multiple of the clustersize in
length
gunzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
/stand/cpio: prematurue end of file

I have _NO_ idea what most of this means. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks =)

Michael Ferguson