Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:00:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Joseph Norris <sirron@ns.mcoe.k12.ca.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: question about adduser and root

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Joseph Norris wrote:

> Hello group,
>
> I have added a new user and I wanted that user to be able to use su. When I
> log on as the user and try to do su, I get an error that the user is not
> part of the group.

	This part of your question was already answered.

> Did do something wrong the adduser? How can I fix this?

	Wrong? No. Incomplete? Yes. For future reference, when adduser
asks if you want to invite the user into other groups, type in
"wheel" (without the quotes) and you'll be all set.

HTH,

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"