Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:31:40 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
Cc:        Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG, "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>, Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir@Alfacom.net>
Subject:   Re: Whatever happened to CTM?

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Stephen McKay wrote:

> On Tuesday, 20th March 2001, Ulf Zimmermann wrote:

> On the contrary, I prefer CTM over CVSup, even on a fast connection (which
> I don't currently have).  On a slow or intermittent connection, CTM beats
> CVSup by a large margin.

I'm not sure about that.  CTM may be faster, but it works less
automatically, especially when it breaks, and it breaks often, at both
the server and client levels (mainly downtime problems for the server
and disk-full problems for the client.  I used to use it until the
server broke one time too many last year.

Bruce