Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:28:29 -0700
From:      Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
To:        scanner@apricot.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vaio Z505HS and PCMCIA

Eric 'Scanner' Luce wrote:

> [...]
[snip]
>     mr> yes.  you need to assign a real irq to the pcic.  polling mode
>     mr> doesn't work on the z505hs.
>
> Are all the Z505's like that? (Most specifically the Z505JS
> is what I am wondering about?)

Well, it is the case with my Z505S and Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
stated in a previous message:

> On my old 505TR and my current Z505HS I can't use polling mode or the
> machine freezes.

So the trend would indicate that it is generic to the Z505 line, but
then we all know what happens when you use informal polls (like exit
polls) to judge trends :-)

-stacy

--
Nothing spoils fun like finding out it builds character.
    - Calvin

Stacy Millions                                       stacy@millions.ca
Millions Consulting Limited