Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 20:19:04 -0500
From:      "C. O'Donnell" <codonnel@bus.net>
To:        Bruce Bauman <boot@mosquito.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail.cf question

At 03:46 PM 2/6/96 -0500, you wrote:
>If I just install FreeBSD from CD-ROM, where does the default sendmail.cf come
>from? I want to make some modifications to it, but I believe that I want to
>modify the .mc (m4 input file) directly, rather than the sendmail.cf file. Is
>freefall.mc the right place to start?
>
>Do I just copy freefall.mc to myconfig.mc and modify as appropriate? Is
this well
>documented anywehre? I have the O'Reilly book, but can't seem to find the info
>that I want.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>-- Bruce

Bruce-

If you're looking for the sources, they're in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf.
The specific .mc files you need should be in the next cf directory (i.e.
/usr/src/.../sendmail/cf/cf). I renamed cf to cf.dist and created a new cf
directory to hold our stuff.  When you're done, just run your .mc through m4:

# m4 yourfile.mc > sendmail.cf
#

Then copy to /etc if your happy with it.

The only docs I know of are the README in the top cf directory.

Good luck.

Chuck

P.S. You can start with this:

------------------------------------cut-------------------
divert(-1)
#
# mosquito.mc
#

include(`../m4/cf.m4')
VERSIONID(`$Id$')        # if you use RCS
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(mosquito.com)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

# Who we are
Cwmosquito.com
"dnl" is for m4, not really neccessary.
I also have S98 if you want it for virtuals. Write back if you want it.