Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 16:09:53 +0900
From:      Michael Westbay <westbay@seaple.icc.ne.jp>
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [FYI] J2SDK v1.4 works on FreeBSD 4.2

GOTO-san wrote:

> I can input Japanese text through kinput2(XIM) with Notepad and Stylepad
> demo applications.
> # I tested three XIM program; kinput2, vje and xwnmo. Vje and xwnmo get
> fail.

I've only tested with kinput2.

> Michael, you can see Japanese fonts on Font2DTest demo application?
> I can not get it with my installed fonts(Fujitsu font city; fifty kinds of
> Japanese fonts). But with serif or something, I can get it. Probably
> attachment else is necessary.

Iina.

Let's see,

  OK:  Courier, Dialog, DialogInput, Monospaced, SansSerif, Serif,
       WadaLab Gothic, and Watanabe Mincho all work
  NG:  Bitstream Charter, Courier 10 Pitch, Default, Gothic, Lucida Bright,
       Lucida Sans, Lucida Sans Typewriter, Utopia

Since the WadaLab and Watanabe fonts are from the X system, I would think
that you could see your Fujitsu fonts.

Are you using your own typed text fromthe "Text to use:" "User Text"?  The
"Unicode Range" with a "Range:" of "CJK Compatibility" etc. didn't ever show
any kanji.

Hope this helps.

--
Michael Westbay