Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 11:16:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Junkins <junkins@foghead.com>
To:        Panos GEVROS <P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO waveLan driver and 2.2.6

> i 'm trying to use the Wavelan driver which comes with the PAO-980430 patches
> on an IBM thinkpad-560 running 2.2.6 without being succesful so far:
>
> the interface (wlp0) comes up
> i can tcpdump on it and see traffic,
> it is also arp-ing
> i've checked/configured the card with the dos-based utilities (SET/INSTCONF)
> and i believe i got it right (i wouldnt be able to tcpdump otherwise...or
> not?)
>
> but i'm failing to send any ip/icmp packets.
>
> has anyone experienced anything similar?
> any hints or pointers to drivers known to work with 2.2.6/PAO (possibly
> supporting roaming as well) would be much appreciated.

Panos,

I'm successfully using a Digital Roamabout (relabeled WaveLan) with 2.2.6
and PAO from 980430 in a Digital HiNote Ultra II.  I suggest you check
that you've set the Wavelan Network ID (nwid) correctly with the wlconfig
command.

There are alternate drivers available from:

	ftp:// monarch.cs.cmu.edu/pub/monarch/drivers.

I have used these with 2.2.5 and PAO.  They are supposed to support
roaming but I ran into a problem with the nwid getting corrupted when
roaming was enabled.  The most recent release is from 971217 so I'm not
sure if they'll work with the 2.2.6 release of PAO.

-Doug