Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:16:00 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org, tyler@neo.tamu.edu
Subject:   Re: Bridging + pf in a production environment

--nextPart3425888.IxU8yVtZud

On Thursday 13 January 2005 08:57, Ballance, Robert T wrote:
> Howdy list,
>
> My university is starting to seriously look into migrating from our
> convoluted Slackware Linux + iptables bridging solution to a FreeBSD + pf
> bridging solution.
>
> I've been reading around about it, after the mention by Solarflux about
> there being problems currently with bridging with pf on FreeBSD. Which
> worries me, he mentioned the option of using OpenBSD, which, is an option,
> but whatever we commit to, we're going to commit to for a good couple of
> years. (We have been using Slackware for about 2 years thus far)
>
> Is anybody currently working on bringing of if_bridge from Net/OpenBSD as
> Max suggests
> (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-pf/2005-January/000734.html)
>
> If not, if anybody could really outline how fixing this problem could be
> fixed (past maybe just importing if_bridge) I might be able to convince my
> employer to  pay me to work on it ;)
> (after all, I'm just a measely student worker :P)
>
> Let me know :)

There is somebody working on it, but it is yet unclear how long until we se=
e=20
results from that.  Meanwhile, you might want to try the patch for bridge.c=
=20
from Pyun YongHyeon which improves the situation already:=20
http://www.kr.freebsd.org/~yongari/patches/bridge.patch

There might be a newer version of this patch here:=20
http://www.pfsense.org/downloads/bridge.patch.041215

=2D-=20