Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:25:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   weird problem with IDE devices on Miata.

Hello.
I have 2 IDE devices a WD ide disk 20GB and a MITSUMI CDROM.
THey always worked fine.
I added a 3rd IDE device a 100GB WD ata disk.
The WD20GB is on IDE0 as master, cdrom is on IDE0 as slave and I Added
WD100GB on ide1.

The following strange things happens:
1) unless I put WD100GB (the new disk) as slave it won't be seen on any of
the ide busses. I had to put it slave on ide1 (And it was the only device
there!).

2) I tryed all the possible configuration and 3 ide devices together won't
work. I had to put the new disk in the ide1 as slave and remove the cdrom
from ide0 to make the new disk to work.
The first disk WD20Gigs is on ide0 as master and it is always seen, but I
have to remove the cdrom on the ide0 as slave or the new 200Gigs disk whch
is locatred on ide1 as slave, they both together won't work. IF I put all
the 3 devices the CDROM will be seen and the new disk will not be seen by
the SRM.
How come all this happens??
Any ideas or hints??
thanks