Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:54:19 -0800
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        x11@FreeBSD.org, kensmith@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   X.Org server update

I've posted a patch for xorg-server at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/X/xorg-server-update.diff

I've tested on i386 with WITH_DEBUG so far, testing without and
packaging now.

(Could someone tell me what I have to do to a disk first to let me label
it on FreeBSD-alpha, so I can install on it and test this stuff myself?
sysinstall gives me only a labeling, not slicing option, and there's
nothing to label on in that screen.)

Tentative commit log:

[1] Fix a crash on startup with i830+ systems due to failure to follow an API
change that occurred.
[2] Install the xorg.conf referred to by xorg.conf(5).  Installation was
disabled during the XF86 name avoidance phase, but could still be of use.
[3] Add a section about the Composite extension to xorg.conf.
[4] Add MakeDllModules YES to the WITH_DEBUG flag's options.  While it won't
package correctly, you can't actually debug modules (where crashes almost always
happen) without it.
[5] Merge fixes from XORG-6_8-branch for i810 driver crashes in on CloseScreen,
ringbuffer lockups, and various warnings.
[6] Recognize R_ALPHA_SREL32 relocation type in elfloader.

PR:		[1] ports/75425
		[2] ports/73915
		[6] ports/73257
Submitted by:	[1] Marc Silver, marcs at draenor dot org
		[2] Frank J. Laszlo, laszlof at vonostingroup dot com
		[6] Ken Stailey kstailey at yahoo dot com
		[6] r1.4 of X.Org CVS.
Approved by:

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu