Date:      Wed, 3 Dec 1997 03:39:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using devfs in 2.2.1

it was broken in 2.2.1
it had worked before that though.

2.2.5 will be better,
but the code in 3.0
(which is basically the same but with fixes)
is of course best.
devfs, while originally slated for 2.2.x has been moved back to 3.x

I have been working on it again and have made 2 releases in the last week.

I'll be away tomorrow but send me amil if you have probelms and I'll get
back to you when I return.

julian