Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:04:48 -0800
From:      bmah@FreeBSD.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.org, obrien@FreeBSD.org, Perforce Change Reviews <perforce@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 8929 for review

If memory serves me right, Udo Erdelhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 02:28:08PM -0800, bmah@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> > In any case, I want to ponder this a bit more before deciding whether
> > this is the change we want to commit "for real" to CVS, or if we
> > should do some variant of this.
>
> I keep wondering why are you are using rm/cat instead of install -c
> -m 0644 (or some $XXXMODE along those lines) to copy the file.

I wasn't sure if I should explicitly specify a mode, so I figured I'd
just let the user's umask handle it.

The first way that occurred to me was to do cp + chmod o+w. install -c
-m 0644 hadn't occcurred to me because I automatically associated
install with "make install".

I'll revisit this after 5.0-DP1 is out the door.  Gotta love all these
different ways of doing things.

Bruce.