Date:      Fri, 26 Jun 1998 22:49:06 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Marc Nicholas <marc@hippocampus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I'm back.

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Marc Nicholas wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
>
> > > I'm using M-Systems PC-IDE flash drives. They look EXACTLY like an IDE
> > > drive to your system. All I did was newfs the drive and mount it.
> >
> > 8-O !!!
> >
> > That's very good news! I'll try to do it myself (tomorrow).
>
> :-)
>
> The biggest problem I had was that the IDE-FD18-20 is a 2.5" form factor,
> just like the drive in a notebook. I was connecting it to a a regular IDE

Ha! Gotcha! :-(

All the time I was misunderstanding you - you have the _IDE_ version that
plugs directly to the IDE interface, while my version is an ISA card which
installs its own BIOS in order to mimick an IDE drive... Forgive me, it's
late here and I'm a bit tired... These versions are completely different
beasts then...

So, this is a bad news for me. But we'll try to use its BIOS to do the
thing...

Andrzej Bialecki