Date:      Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:08:41 -0600
From:      "Dragon Knight" <dragonknight@dtgnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Tom Davies" <tdavies@itsnet.com>
Subject:   Re: Installation

>In comparing the installation of freeBSD with Linux, either from an
>installation diskette or from CD-ROM, Linux install recognizes my CD-ROM,
>either Sony or Mitsumi, but freeBSD does not, regardless of which
>installation options I choose.  As soon as it begins to load the
>distribution, I get a message to the effect that I do not have a recognized
>freeBSD CD or it is out of date, and the installation aborts. I do not have
>enough room to create a DOS partition and install from that.  Any
suggestions?

>Tom Davies

Hey Tom,
I Had A Problem That You Could Consider Similar To This.
I Had 2 Cd-Roms, An Old Junker, And A Sony CDU-928E,
The Junker Was Set As Master, And The Sony As Slave.
Linux Recognized Both Drives, But FreeBSD Didn't Recognize
Either.  So I Pulled The Old Junker And Reset The Sony
To Master And FreeBSD Found It.

Hope This Gives You Some Ideas...  Or Something....