Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 11:58:32 -0400
From:      Boris Crosby <bcrosby@eos.hitc.com>
To:        Raven <DAcash18@vt.edu>
Cc:        jim@blues.ghis.net, FreeBSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Eterm

--------------6F7A2E658B19B997ABC52A30

The problem is that all the graphic lib's are not loaded at install time.
You have to make sure that the gif libs are loaded .  I hade the same
problem with Eterm and Windowmaker.  also compile from the port files and
not the .tgz files as well.

Boris.
Raven wrote:

> Ahh, thanks.. there's a new problem now.. when I type Eterm I get the
> following error message. If anyone could help thanks
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libEterm.so.8.7" not found
>
> Jim Mock wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 08 May 1999 at 22:20:45 -0400, Raven wrote:
> > > Hi, I just installed eterm via ftp from ftp.freebsd.org.. It seemed
> > > to have installed fine, all the depencies as well... I've never used
> > > eterm before.. How do I run it? eterm doesn't work, I have no clue
> > > where it could be
> >
> > The binary is Eterm, not eterm (note the 'E').  See 'man Eterm' for
> > the available options.
> >
> > --
> > Jim Mock  System Administrator  jim@blues.ghis.net    ,-._|\  FreeBSD
> > work: Global Hosting Inet Svcs  http://www.ghis.net/ /      \ The
> > personal:  http://www.ghis.net/~jim/                 \_,--._/ Power To
> > The FreeBSD 'zine  http://www.freebsdzine.org/             v  Serve!
>
> --
> * David Abdemoulaie
> * ICQ - 21360590
> * mailto:DAcash18@vt.edu
>
> (c)copyright 1998 by David Abdemoulaie. All rights reserved. David
> Abdemoulaie's mail or email address or telephone number may NOT be
> reproduced,
> stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form by any means,
> electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without
> prior written permission. The copyright of this information gives the
> owner, (David Abdemoulaie), legal recourse if someone sells or
> distributes
> this information without permission.
>
> Virginia Computer Crimes Act (§ 8.01-40.1), Virginia Internet Policy Act
> Unsolicited Bulk Email:
> Those who facilitate the transmission of falsified e-mail by selling
> and/or
> distributing specially-designed "spam software" may be liable for
> conspiracy to violate the Act and may be subject to both criminal and
> civil
> penalties... the Civic Relief provisions of the VCCA include (a)
> statutory
> damages of at least $500 per violation; and (b) recovery of reasonable
> attorney fees.
>
> .

Boris Crosby

--------------6F7A2E658B19B997ABC52A30

<HTML>
The problem is that all the graphic lib's are not loaded at install time.&nbsp;
You have to make sure that the gif libs are loaded .&nbsp; I hade the same
problem with Eterm and Windowmaker.&nbsp; also compile from the port files
and not the .tgz files as well.
<P>Boris.
<BR>Raven wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Ahh, thanks.. there's a new problem now.. when I
type Eterm I get the
<BR>following error message. If anyone could help thanks
<P>/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libEterm.so.8.7" not found
<P>Jim Mock wrote:
<BR>>