Date:      Mon, 24 May 1999 18:05:42 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Marc.Touboul@bull.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Interest to develop our product on FreeBSD

At 18.46 22/05/99 -0700, you wrote:
>> Do you know if there is any information about the profile of freeBSD users.
>> Information I would need are :
>> How many sites with how many servers? (In fact we would be interested in
>> sites with lot of freebsd servers)
>> How many sites for which usage (R&D, WEB Server..)
>Hm... I'm not sure someone's done a thorough study on FreeBSD user
>demographics.  My experience has been that places with FreeBSD servers
>tend to have a handful of them handling various tasks (DNS, Web, ftp,
>dialin, etc.).

  The Internet Operating System Counter has some interesting statistics for
RIPE and .edu domains, mostly concerning "how many sites", by service and
by country.

  http://leb.net/hzo/ioscount/

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Phone +39-027528400, Fax +39-027528451
  Email sriva@alice.it