Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 00:42:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com (Don Lewis)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, benco@pendor.McKusick.COM, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

> } > adventure    caesar       fortune      morse        rain         teachgammon
> } > arithmetic   canfield     gomoku       number       random       tetris
> } > atc          cfscores     hack         phantasia    robots       trek
> } > backgammon   chess        hangman      pig          rogue        wargames
> } > banner       cribbage     hide         pom          rot13        worm
> } > battlestar   dm           larn         ppt          sail         worms
> } > bcd          factor       mille        primes       snake        wump
> } > boggle       fish         monop        quiz         snscore
> }
> } Hmmm.  I wouldn't be surprised if gomoku, phantasia (Disney) and trek
> } were also slated for The Nasty Letter some time in the future.
>
> I'd add mille and monop to this list.  Canfield also sounds like something
> that would be trademarked.  I suspect chess is safe.

Why do the "onsey-twosey"?

battlestar is a reference to BattleStar Galactica, and is a trademark
	of Universal Pictures
boggle is a trademark of Parker Brothers (just like the man page
	acknowledges)
mille is a reference to Mille Bournes, a trademark of (I can find out
	if I have to...)
monop is a reference to Monopoly, a trademark of Parker Brothers
phantasia is a homonym for Fantasia, a trademark of Walt Disney Productions

rogue is a character in "The X Men", and is a trademark of the
	Marvel Entrtainment Group
tetris is a computer game, and is a trademark.
trek is a reference to StarTrek, and is a trademark of Paramount.
wargames is a movie title, and is a trademark of MGM/UA.

yp is a trademark of British Telecom.  Delete that, why don't you --
	or rename it to NIS, a trademark of Sun Microsystems.

Bah humbug.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---