Date:      Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:09:34 +0200
From:      "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@rrr.de>
To:        Mikhail Paremski <mparem@cisco.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: freesbie-0.0.20040207_1

Hi,

Am Wed, dem 28. Sep 2005, um 12:06 -0700 Uhr schrubte Mikhail Paremski
zum Thema [FreeBSD Port: freesbie-0.0.20040207_1]:

> Starting file system checks:
> cd9660: acd0: No such file or directory
> Mounting root filesystem rw failed, startup aborted
> Boot interrupted
> Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:

I've seen a similar problem (at least the symptoms) quite some time ago
which turned out to be a specific problem of how the ATA drives were
attached to the system.
IIRC I had a hard disk on ata0-master and the cdrom on ata0-slave on an
Asus CUBX board and booting resulted in this error. Just connecting the
optical drive to ata1 (with no harddisks connected to this channel)
worked.
However you remember me that it's time to update that port :-)

Riggs

--=20
- Die Welt schl=E4ft tief schon lange Zeit | Sent with RiggiSmooth [tm] -
-- Mich nur flieht die Dunkelheit        | ------------------------- --
--- Denn per Infrarot seh ich            | just to fit your         ---
---- Die Nacht ist wirklich widerlich.   | primitive screen.       ----