Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 10:04:10 -0400
From:      Andrew Heybey <ath@bellcore.com>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Putting a valid partition table on a BIG disk?

  mrcpu> 16GB's.  /stand/sysinstall causes a panic instantly, although
  mrcpu> I'm in the middle of a make world which may correct that.

I have experienced the same sysinstall causes panic problem when
booting the 960323 SNAP with an unlabeled Seagate 9G disk.  I
installed without the big disk, then reconnected it and labelled it.
I was going to send a bug report but tried the boot floppy again and
it worked so I thought I might have seen a one-time glitch.

andrew