Date:      Sat Aug 25 10:55:08 MDT 2001
From:      grpeters@hushmail.com
To:        imp@harmony.village.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: installing PAO

Hello Warner,

Thanks for your quick response.

O.k., it looks like I was going in the wrong direction with PAO, as I am using
FreeBSD 4.0.  I confirmed that my entry in the pccard.conf file is that same
as what you have entered below, but I continue to receive the "No Card in database" error.  Is adding an entry in pccard.conf the only step that should be required for a system to identify a NIC?  An ifconfig -a command does not show the card.  What is the pccardd command?  When I run this command, I receive the error message "warning: card Linksys((EtherFast 10/100 Integrated PC Card (PCM100)) has no valid configuration".  Seconds later, my card is configured as ed1 NE2000, and then shows up as this card when ifconfig -a is issued.

Puzzled,
Graham

Free, secure Web-based email, now OpenPGP compliant - www.hushmail.com