Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 21:15:48 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linksys Etherfast.. broken?

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 23:24 +0000, Pierre Y. Dampure wrote:
> Julian Elischer wrote:
>
> > I used to use a Linksys Etherfast card
> > in my Inspiron, but I haven't used it for
> > a while. Today I tried to use it again
> > but it failed miserably..
> >

> Most probably you noticed this already, but (in src/UPDATING):
>
> 20001218:
>         Linksys Fast Ethernet PCCARD cards supported by the ed driver
>         now require the addition of flag 0x80000 to their config line
>         in pccard.conf(5).  This flag is not optional.  These Linksys
>         cards will not be recognized without it.

That's one point, but maybe not the whole truth.

Yes, I noticed the above commit message causing the UPDATING
comment.  That's when I tried (once more) a "D-Link DFE650TX"
card in both an Compaq Armada and a Toshiba Sattelite, both with
-CURRENT snapshot boot floppies and complete 4.2-STABLE systems
(and updated pccard.conf files).  Up to now with no success.

Triggered by a recent list article I will do another test later
this week with the fa_select(8?) utility mentioned at
www.freebsddiary.org/last-netgear.html and see if it will work
this time.

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net